110 Years of Life, Love and Laughter
Lineham House is a 110 year old Registered Alberta Historic Resource built by WD Lineham, son of Okotoks founding father John Lineham, in 1906. It occupied the current lot as well as the lots to the immediate East of the windows in the Dining Room. The East side of the house is where the Lineham family once looked out from a full wrap around verandah onto extensive gardens.
Special features of Lineham House are: the remarkable two story double bay windows facing Elma Street and due East from the Dining Room, the pocket parlour doors on the main level, built in architectural features, interior transom windows in the upstairs hallway, original sandstone door and window lintels and period stained glass.
The Linehams owned the Lineham Lumber Company which operated immediately south of the house, on the Sheep River. It formed the basis of the incorporation of Okotoks on the CPR rail line. Having access to only the best lumber, the entire house is built with first generation Douglas Fir and is near intact.